To transform the way people use computers by making significant contributions on a product that will impact the way users live and work, in a position that allows me to follow my greatest passions – developing innovative solutions to challenging problems and helping others become great.
2010 – Present: Google
Product Manager, DoubleClick Search
- Launched completely rewritten DoubleClick Search 3, a search engine marketing tool that allows large agencies to manage online search advertising across multiple ad networks.
- Successfully managed the upgrade process for existing customers
- Planned, designed and specified many features including core campaign management, reporting and ad network integration
2001 – 2010: Microsoft
Senior Program Manager, Office Web Apps 2006-’10
- Launched Office Web Applications as part of Office 2010 and integrated into Windows Live Skydrive
- Planned, designed and specified many features that are part of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote Web Applications
- Specified and managed UX integration of the Office Web Apps with SharePoint and Windows Live
- Managed the partner relationship with Silverlight
- Managed PM intern, mentored 2 new hires, 3 experienced PMs
Lead Program Manager, Zune 2006.
- Built and managed a team of 3 Program Managers
- Launched Zune Software
- Worked with executive leadership to define Zune software feature set
- Lead PM team to define the Zune software design and functionality
- Defined video encoding and workflow processes for Xbox Live Video Marketplace, working across groups, with external partners and consultatns
Lead Program Manager, Alexandria 2005-’06.
- Built and managed a team of 2 Program Managers
- Launched internal beta for Alexandria, a video incubation project
- Partnered with development lead to introduce agile development methodologies
- Managed vendors to implement prototype for executive presentation
Program Manager, Media Foundation 2004-’05.
- Planned and specified Media Foundation multimedia playback platform that shipped as part of Windows Vista
- Partnered with many internal teams (including devices, codecs, Windows Media Center and Windows Media Player) to develop and integrate platform requirements
- Mentored 2 PMs
Program Manager, Windows Movie Maker 2001-’04
- Launched Movie Maker 2 and 2.1, video editing software that has been downloaded by 100s of millions of consumers
- Planned, designed and specified many features of Movie Maker, including core video editing, publish and web service integration
- Lead security and privacy
- Mentored 3 PMs
Filed 16 patents that cover video editing, media platforms, advertising supported video, and running office applications on the web.
Bachelor of Science from Rhodes University, South Africa. Graduated cum laude, top science student of my graduating year.